Planning a visit
Welcoming you back to the Millennium Gallery, safely
The Millennium Gallery is now open – we can’t wait to see you again!
- Tue–Sat 10am–5pm
- Sun 11am–5pm
- Open Mondays, 10am–5pm during Sheffield school holidays
See brand new exhibitions Cecil Beaton's Bright Young Things, direct from the National Portrait Gallery, and My Path: Art by People in the Criminal Justice System, and rediscover the treasures in the Ruskin Collection and Metalwork Collection displays.
Keeping You Safe
We’ve put lots of measures in place to keep everyone safe whilst ensuring you enjoy a warm welcome and a great visit, including:
- Limiting the number of visitors in the building and exhibition spaces
- Hand sanitiser available at the gallery entrance and exit
- Clear social distancing guidance
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the day
- Removing some interactives for a little while
- Keeping doors open wherever possible to avoid multiple touch points
- Screens on our shop counter and card-only payments
- Changing our air handling system to continuously bring fresh air into the building
Pre-Book Your Free Visit
You can now pre-book your visit to the Millennium Gallery – just follow the link below and select the date and time you’d like to visit. You can arrive up to 30 minutes after the start time of your booking. Once you’re in the gallery, you can stay as long as you like during opening hours.
We have some capacity for walk-up visits, but pre-booking is advised to guarantee entry.
When You Arrive
- Please enter via the Arundel Gate or Winter Garden entrance.
- If you’ve pre-booked, you can either show your booking confirmation email on your phone, or just give your name and we’ll find your booking details.
- All visitors over aged 11 or over must wear a face covering during your visit, unless they are exempt.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, please don’t visit the gallery.
The closest is the NCP car park opposite the Crucible Theatre. Visitors using the Q Park car park on Charles Street are able to claim 50% off the price of their parking – just ask a member of the team for a discount voucher (this discount is currently unavailable with pre-booked parking spaces). Limited disabled parking spaces are available for blue badge holders in Surrey Street.
Toilets & Baby Change
The toilets and baby change at the Millennium Gallery are open in a limited capacity to enable social distancing and enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the day. The accessible toilet is available as usual via RADAR key entry – a RADAR key is always available from the downstairs foyer reception desk.
Food & Drink
The gallery café, Ambulo, will remain closed for a little while longer, but we're looking forward to welcomeing them back in June.
Food and drink is not permitted in the galleries.
The Millennium Gallery Shop will be open during your visit. A perspex screen has been installed on the shop counter and the shop layout has been reconfigured to support social distancing. For the time being, the shop will only be able to accept card payments.
Making a Donation
The pandemic is having a huge impact on the city’s museums and galleries and your help is needed now more than ever. With your support, your Sheffield Museums can continue to provide great cultural experiences for everyone.
Please consider making a £4 donation when you pre-book your free visit or once you arrive. You’ll find our quick and easy contactless donation stations in the foyer and in the main exhibition space. Alternatively, our cash donation boxes can be found in the foyer and in each of our exhibition spaces.
Find out how to get the museum here
We’re currently working on plans to allow us to safely welcome school and larger group visits to the gallery from the Autumn Term. To find out how we might support your students’ learning at this time, please contact email@example.com or call 0114 278 2655.
If you have any questions about your visit, you can get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org