This project is archived. Return to current Museums Sheffield homepage or view more projects.
Skip Navigation

Pitsmoor Village School

Colour photograph of the exterior front wall of Pitsmoor Village School showing the date the school opened carved in stone
The date inscribed on the front wall of Pitsmoor Village School © Carl Rose

After leaving Abbeyfield Park cross the road, pass by the old Toll Bar Cottage and turn down Pitsmoor Road. Tucked away behind the modern brick offices of Unigraph Printing on Pitsmoor Road, is the original stone building of Pitsmoor Village school. It once had tall, triangular chimneys which have since been removed. These could be seen from the junction of Barnsley Road and Burngreave Road. The old stone front, seen from the Unigraph car park, has a tablet bearing the date 1836 which was the year the school was built.