Workshop: Urban Sketching with Brian Smith - FULLY BOOKED
- Tuesday 18 July 2017 10:00am - 4:30pm
- How to book
- Please book in advance - call 0114 278 2647 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- Hands on
*** THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW FULLY BOOKED ****
Explore Sheffield in an exciting new context with our Urban Sketching workshop. Led by artist, prolific sketcher and experienced communicator, Brian Smith.
In a structured all-day programme, artist Brian Smith will take the group out to explore the city, identifying the strategies and techniques which underpin successful urban sketching; choosing a subject, seeing objectively, simplifying information, the line drawing, adding value, principles of perspective, figures, representation techniques and lots more.
Whether you are a beginner or looking to hone your skills, this is an exciting opportunity to explore the city, using a range of urban landscapes to inspire a day of drawing.
- 10-10.45am - Meet in the Millennium Gallery Activity Room for a briefing, and start the day with an overview of the art of line and tone principles in an urban context.
- 11am–1pm - Field sketching in Sheffield City Centre.
- 1-1.45pm - Working lunch whilst exploring perspective principles (please note, lunch is not provided).
- 1.45-4pm - Field sketching in Sheffield City Centre.
- 4-4.30pm - Criticism, debrief and feedback in the Millennium Gallery Activity Room.
All materials provided.
This is an outdoor course which will involve walking between sites around Sheffield City Centre. Please dress appropriately and make our team aware of any access needs you may have when booking.