LIVE LATE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: The Horror Within
- Friday 27 October 2017 7:00pm - 10:30pm
- Recommended donation £3. This is an 18+ event
- How to book
- Just turn up
- Millennium Gallery
Join us for a very special Halloween Live Late at Millennium Gallery as we team up with Sheffield Hallam University’s Biomolecular Sciences Research Centre to explore the horror of the human body.
As part of Museums at Night 2017, we’ll be discovering the more gruesome side of our physiology, with an evening dedicated to parasites, pandemics, pathogens and poo. Come along in your most hideous medical fancy dress for an evening that will make you squirm….
- Learn about gut pathology, poo transplants and some of the darker side of medicine in our series of rolling talks from university scientists
- Live experiments: meet your microbiome and/or learn how to extract DNA
- Discover the barber surgeon’s studio and avoid the horrors of bodysnatchers and grave diggers as Cry Havoc! Theatre take you on a guided ghost tours of Tudor Square
- Create your own parasites in our creepy craft sessions
- Join us in an event-wide game showing how disease spreads – can you avoid Ebola or antibiotic resistant gonorrhoea?!
- Death Drawing - You’ll need real guts a strong stomach to take on the ghastly challenges in HB Lovecraft’s Studio of Terrors! Take your place at the Easels of Evil and prepare yourself for the horrors to come! You will be offered expert tuition and a number of extraordinary exercises that will enable you to produce truly ‘Dreadful Drawings’ …
On top of all this, there’ll be music and a pay bar. Check back here for more information soon!
Admission for this event is 18+ only - find out more about our Live Lates here