LIVE LATE: Colour
- Friday 20 May 2016 7:30pm - 10:30pm
- Free, donations welcome on the door.
- How to book
- No need to book
- Millennium Gallery
Colour shapes and shades our world. Join us to explore the theory, science and art of colour in celebration of Sheffield’s collections.
- Artist Rob Lee will be creating live art on the night in his amazingly colourful signature style.
- Philosopher James Andow will be talking about the philosophy of colour in his immensely popular talk.
- Paul Evans will be in conversation with a University of Sheffield physicist to tell us about structural colour. Paul’s current residency with the University of Sheffield that brings art and science together.
- The University of Sheffield will also be bringing some incredible interactives; see more than ever before with UV and IR cameras; look at the wings of a butterfly in incredible detail with 3D printed wings and view the gorgeous colour of birds, bugs and butterflies through an inspection microscope.
- We’ll have our usual pair bar and a colour quiz, we’ll be playing with light and getting crafty with chromatography; looking at colour in metals and opening our galleries so you can enjoy our permanent and temporary exhibitions.