Working in Schools Masterclass
- Saturday 22 November 2014 11:30am - 3:30pm
- How to book
- Book in advance by emailing email@example.com - places are strictly limited
- Millennium Gallery
This workshop with Jacob Sam-La Rose will furnish poets and writers with the tools to run interesting, effective, productive and rewarding sessions with young people. Jacob will take participants through the thrills and spills of working with young people in schools and community groups.
The masterclass will cover:
• Things to bear in mind when planning sessions.
• Tools for writing and performance exercises
• Good practise for administration of workshops (communications with teachers etc)
• How your own poetry relates to the work you do in the classroom.
• Plus other issues arising around working with young people.
In association with the Graves Gallery exhibition Picture the Poet - Poets and writers taking part in the session are encouraged to visit the exhibition in advance as one or more activities will be linked to it.
Presented by Apples and Snakes in partnership with Museum Sheffield and the National Portrait Gallery