Weston Park Supporters Wall
New design coming soon!
We are excited to announce that in April 2019 we will be launching a new supporters wall at Weston Park Museum. If you buy a plaque before the end of 2018 you will automatically be upgraded to the new design and will feature on the wall for 14 months instead of 12.
Weston Park Museum tells the story of Sheffield over the past 8,000 years. With your generosity we are able to create diverse exhibitions that spark the imagination, work with schools and community groups to share learning and inspire our visitors to discover the world.
As a charity we rely on donations for support. Every year we have to raise an additional £500,000 to keep our museums open and free for everyone to enjoy.
Show your support for Weston Park with a plaque on display in the heart of your museum. Each plaque will include a unique name or message of your choice with an image of one of our visitors’ favourite objects - from Snowy the polar bear to the Benty Grange helmet!
If you are thinking of buying a plaque as a gift, please note that the last date to purchase a plaque fbefore Christmas is Sunday 9 December.
Plaques are available for a suggested donation starting at £25, and your help will make a real difference:
- £25 … will buy enough sugar to help feed the bees on the roof for 5 months
- £50… would buy enough materials for three school groups to take part in a printing workshop
- £100… would pay for us to take reminiscence objects from the collections to local care homes
- £250… would help conserve objects from our archaeology collection that are up to 4000 years old.
- £500... will pay for enough craft materials to keep our summer holiday activities free for a whole year!