Pye Bank Primary School
The old building of Pye Bank Primary School
© Picture Sheffield, Sheffield Libraries
This old school building was designed by the architects Innocent and Brown and opened in 1875. In 2003 the school was moved to a new, purpose-built building on Andover Street, built on the former St Catherine's RC Primary School site. The original school building is now Grade II listed. It stands in a prominent position on the hillside with great views across the city and there are plans to convert it into apartments.
© 2011 Museums Sheffield