Firshill Community Primary School
Firshill School in the early 1900s
© Picture Sheffield, Sheffield Libraries
This school was opened in 1887 on Orphanage Road near the Orphanage. It was originally intended to provide education for orphaned girls. When the orphanage moved to another location in 1895, the school became an infants school for local children, run by the council.
© 2011 Museums Sheffield